Established in our Center high field superconducting magnet - rezonsny Siemens Symphony MRI scanner with a magnetic field strength of 1.5 Tesla allows the slice thickness of 1-5 mm and see the finest details of the high quality of the image.
List of MRI services :
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the head ( the pituitary gland , brain, sinuses );
- Magnetic resonance angiography and magnetic resonance angiography with contrast ( MRI of the brain vessels ( arteries and veins ) and neck ;
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the spine and spinal cord ( cervical MRI , MRI of the thoracic , lumbar MRI in any combination , MRI sacroiliac joint );
- Magnetic resonance angiography with contrast ;
MRI can detect :
- neoplasms (benign , malignant , metastases );
- inflammation ( both acute and chronic );
- traumatic , post-traumatic , post-operative changes ;
- vascular pathology ;
- dystrophic and degenerative changes , atrophic processes , developmental abnormalities .
Contraindications to MRI
Absolute contraindications to MRI :
- artificial cardiac pacemaker ( can go into an asynchronous operation under the influence of a gradient magnetic field );
- prosthetic heart valves ;
- inability to keep still for the patient during the examination .
- intracranial ferromagnetic haemostatic clips cerebral vessels ( the displacement of the vessel may be damaged and bleeding) ;
- aortic clips ;
- electrodes ;
- ferromagnetic metal implants ;
- Metal in the anatomical region to be examined ( metal plates , distracters , etc.);
- periorbital ferromagnetic foreign bodies ( the displacement may cause damage of the eyeball );
- ferromagnetic or electronic middle ear implants ;
- severe claustrophobia ;
Relative contraindications to MRI :
- mild claustrophobia ;
- epilepsy, schizophrenia ;
- pregnancy (especially in the first trimester );
- decompensated heart failure ;
- Hemostatic clips other localization ;
- implanted nerve stimulators or diversion ;
- an insulin pump;
- extremely serious condition of the patient ;
- The need for physiological monitoring;
- limiting the patient's weight ( not more than 120 kg).
Typically, MRI does not require any special training. The technique of MRI is placing the patient in a horizontal position into a narrow tunnel scanner , the time depends on the type of study ( 25-40 minutes). The patient should keep perfectly still studied anatomy .
Some MRI images obtained by injecting a contrast solution through a vein in your arm. MRI is a painless procedure and only its duration and the noise generated during MRI scanning can deliver impressionable people some inconvenience . To drown out the noise, you will be given headphones. During the study, breathe calmly , you will be under constant supervision of our staff and will be able at any time to inform them about the deterioration of your health with a special alarm button. Personal items , jewelery and valuables , clothing containing metal and electromagnetic devices are not allowed in the MRI scan room .
To improve diagnostic efficiency MRI , patients are advised to bring the data from previous MRI studies , other methods of radiation , laboratory or functional diagnostics, as well as hospital records or referrals from physicians indicating the area and research objectives .
At the end of the study, patients given description of the study protocol in writing. Together with the protocol you will be given a CD -ROM can be viewed on any computer. CD -ROM is the most complete information and may need to track and compare the changes in control examinations , consultations and other medical institutions , send electronically to other centers and abroad.
In our Center research is conducted with 9.00-16.00 Monday-Friday by appointment and clearly laid out on time, however , the beginning of the study may be biased if the department will deliver the patient with a serious illness with a hospital. Surveys conducted by highly neuroradiology , trained in leading foreign clinics with extensive practical experience.
Bayzhigitov Balgabaevich Bulat , MD , associate professor, head of the department of radiology.
Esmuhanov Iran Muhametseitovich , doctor of the highest category
Record on MRI done by telephone :
+7 (7172) 511-600 , 511-661 ; ext. 13-64 , 13-24 .